torsdag den 22. november 2018

Monte San Savino 2018, a fuck of danes.

The day came and whent and oh what a day!

Yet again, Monte San Savino showed itself from one of its best side with sun, amazing food and drink, and lots and lots of wonderous models.

I didnt bring much this year, but I was happy with what I brought. My Catachan jungle charge featuring Colonel Ironhand Straken and Sergeant Harker has been a long way underway, here is the first picture.



We were a wopping 17 danes going this year

My own diorama brought me a bronce which I am very thankfull for.



My good friend Jakob Villien aka Pink Label Studio was at Monte for the first time and brought his A-game which resultet in a welldeserved gold in historical master!! Here is his entry for fantasy master painting.

Another of my friends Bent Ejaas aka Crazy Goblin miniatures brought his own sculpt for both the sculpting category and the ambient as well as entering standard painting with this merry band:

Kristian Simonsen, friend and aweinspiring pressense had brought what I believe is his best to date. I give you; Into Hell:


Torben Ryde was the man with the plan. He has slaved for untoled hours to creat a vision of something very special:

Thomas Coltau "powerfist" Bærentsen aka Coltau painting was also a first time participant of Monte, he too brought an amazing setup, he even sat friday morning painting before entering:

Andrew Wade wasnt a first time goer, but last year he didnt hear when they calleds his name as a silver winner in standard painting, so he was really happy when he was called this year for a medal in Master painting!

Mikkel Overballe was not rewarded last year with a medal but this year it was his time to shine:


Peder Bartholdy aka Demiurge Miniatures has for quite some time now sculpted some of the best models I have seen for a long while. Also he worked all the way to deadline in order to finish the last project before leaving for Monte:


Mads Seit was a first time goer aswell, but he came well prepared:




Christian Møgelberg Clausen, another of the first time danes, aimed high and found his level in master: 


Tue Kaae, the one and only, was barred from entering in the competition because he was a judge this year. He brought some models to display of course:



I was an amazing trip for the danes, Frederik also brought models but I must have misplaced the fotos somewhere, I'll show them some other time.

All my pictures from the trip, danes, not danes, models, everything: HERE.


Cheers.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar